Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year ahead

Christmas is over.   Not that it was a present or anything, but over the holidays I bought the makings for not one but two antennas. 

The first is a j-pole to go with my HT.  Tuned for 2M and 70cm bands.  Some assembly required.  I've bought the PVC tubing and inserted the wires.  Need to mount it on the roof (probably get to that this weekend sometime).  Still need to buy COAX and all the proper fittings to make a connection inside the house.  It will get done eventually.

Second project is more long range.  It will be a multi-band dipole in the attic covering from 10M up to 40M (don't know if I can sneak the 80M band into the space available).  Purchase all the material (wire, etc.) I need to build the thing, but I still need to buy some test equipment to tune it up (antenna anyliser and maybe a grid dip meter).  Then of course, the's always an HF rig to hang off of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment