Sunday, February 12, 2012

10, 15, 20, 30, and 40 done.

As I mentioned in a previous post, a week or two ago I spent a frustrating weekend puzzling out how to build the 10 meter antenna traps.  This weekend I knocked out four additional pairs... 15, 20, 30, and 40 Meters.  These are all based on the design described in this article.

After having made all sorts of mistakes on the first pair, the next eight went fairly quickly.  I ran out of coax and 12ga wire to do the 60 Meter traps... it's on order, but it will be week or so before I get it.
 
Next up on the great antenna build is the tuning... which I should be able to do after I get my dip meter.  I ordered it from Universal Radio, the same place I'm buying my coax, but its on back order, so it may be a while before I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment