Sunday, June 24, 2012

Some Field Day Photos

Yesterday and last night, I took a few photos with my phone at Field Day.  I just copied them to my computer this morning.

Here is the big directional antenna at the 20M CW station being assembled on Friday afternoon.





 
Mike Murphy (WA4BPJ) uses a king sized slingshot to launch a line into the trees to set up one of the 40M voice antennas.  I worked with Mike during one of my shifts on Saturday night.






Here is the completed 20M CW station.  You can't see the, but there is an operator and logger in the screened tent.



And here is the 40M phone station in operation.  This station is right across the road (driveway) from the 20M CW station.  Here you CAN see the operator and logger.  No, I'm not in this picture.  I pulled my shifts in the middle of the night.

This antenna supports another band...  20M phone, I think.  The 40M phone station was about 100 feet behind me at this point.  Off in the distance at the bottom of the hill you can see two tents... that's the GOTA station.  I made that walk several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment