Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Busy Busy...

Yesterday, FedEx delivered my new radio.  It is a WOUXON UVD1P hand held.  Made in China, of course, but it looks like an adequate piece of equipment.  My biggest issue so far is that the instruction manual was obviously written by someone who had English as a second (or third) language.  The programming software included with the synching cable was incomplete, and while I was able to download more from the WOUXON website, I haven't had a chance to install and test it.  Hopefully I can get it up and running in the next few days, since programming using the radio keypad looks to be difficult at best.


Last night, I also was able to attend the RARS general meeting in east Raleigh.  I don't expect to be able to do this often, since Tuesday is the normal meeting day for my son's Boy Scout troop, and I usually take him.  But since he wasn't feeling well last night, I jumped at the opportunity.  Big club.  Lots of Hams to talk to, including discussion regarding my new toy..  I was able to test out my radio a little bit, but programming is still going to be a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment