Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally Got The HT Programmed

After MUCH fiddling around,  I finally figured out how to reliably program my HT.  Evidently, I had correctly installed the drivers, and just needed to use the correct software the correct way.  The correct software is of course KG-UV Commander, which is what everyone has told me all along.  The correct way is to launch the program, plug the patch cord into the PC, plug the other end into the radio, turn the radio on, and then perform a sync (download seems to work best, and is safest).  Then, I make any changes to the frequency list, and finally upload the result.  Worked several times running... and didn't work if I did it it some other order.   Fine now, with 53 VHF and UHF channels programmed by name.  Of course, with that many, I'll need to print out a list of what's what beyond the 3-5 that I will commonly use.

No comments:

Post a Comment