Sunday, November 20, 2011

JARSfest

This morning, I drove down to Benson, NC to attend JARSfest 2011.  Lots of junk^h^h^h^hstuff offered along with a few jems... not that I was in any position to buy anything.  I brought along $40 to spend.  I used $14 to take the General test... (yes, I passed), and $3 to buy a little connector to allow me to attach my HT to the magnetic antenna for the truck.  Plenty left for coffee and breakfast, but not so much for radio equipment.  I did see a few rigs for decent prices ($300 & $450), and maybe in the spring I'll be able to afford one.

I also spoke with a couple of guys who  knew something about my model of radio.  I had one offer to help program it, but with some clues from what these guys said, I was able to puzzle out how to use the programming software.  Kind of quirky... it would work then not work, and then later it worked again.  I'll have to wait until tonight's net to see if I did it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment